Idling Reduction Program
Drivers, stop your engines.
Help reduce unnecessary diesel idling so we can all breathe easier.
Whether it’s at the loading dock or waiting in line to check in, unnecessary diesel engine idling wastes fuel, wears down engine components and puts harmful emissions into the air. The simple act of turning off an idling engine can yield incredible savings on your fleet operating expenses, not to mention cleaner air for everyone to enjoy.
Our team can help you develop an effective diesel engine idling reduction program – at no cost.
The Clean Air Campaign is helping Georgia employers develop best practices and policies for reducing unnecessary diesel engine idling. These include:
- providing free “No-Idle Zone” signage
- distributing educational and training materials
- helping build awareness of your organization’s sustainability efforts
- drafting communications/newsletter articles for employees
- helping you measure the success of your initiative in terms of money savings and pollution eliminated
- other consultative strategies for employers using heavy-duty fleets and owners or managers of facilities where trucks idle
The Clean Air Campaign provides one-on-one consulting at no cost to help you develop an effective idling reduction program that fits the needs of your operations, fleet and company culture.
Use these materials to start a program at your workplace.
Read the business case for establishing a no-idle policy.
Get the facts. Clear the air.
These organizations are doing their part to reduce unnecessary engine idling. Join them.